Monday, June 28, 2010

FIFA 2010 : Capello Refuses To Resign

FIFA 2010

The heavy loss at World cup 2010 fostered speculations of England Fabio Capello’s resignation but the coach refuses to step down. With criticism pouring from all sides, Capello’s position is at stake following the 4-1 hammering by Germany at the knock out stage.

The Italian during a media conference after the match at the Free State stadium in Bloemfontein clarified that a decision regarding his being with the team will be finalised after his discussion on the issue with FA international committee chairman Sir Dave Richards.

Capello said,"I want to speak with the chairman to decide my future. I don't know if he has confidence in me or not."

Capello had recently renewed his deal with England until after Euro 2012 with removal of clause that would have allowed either party to terminate the contract after the World Cup.

Capello will meet with Richards when the team returns home. He said,"I speak when I come back to London," he said. "I have time to decide."

The Italian clearing any doubt on his intention of stepping down said, "Resign? No, absolutely not.”

Source:- www.india-server.com

No comments:

Post a Comment