Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jennifer Hudson Talks 2008 Family Murders

Jennifer Hudson Talks 2008 Family Murders
The world was shocked back in 2008 when members of Jennifer Hudson’s family were brutally murdered and now the “American Idol” singer is speaking out about the tragedy.

During her gig on VH1’s “Behind the Music: Jennifer Hudson,” Ms. Hudson explains, “It’s all a blur, it was surreal. It was like I was outside of myself.”
She continued, "For almost two weeks straight . . . [I was] inside one room with just family and friends coming in and out. I prayed when I'd get up in the morning and prayed before I laid down at night."

Of her 2009 Grammy performance of “You Pulled Me Through,” Jennifer said, "I was definitely thinking of my family when I was singing that song. I could hear my brother in my head, like, 'Jennifer, you need to kill this, you need to get up and do it.' I knew he would be disappointed if I didn't do it justice."

No comments:

Post a Comment