Thursday, June 30, 2011

Canada Day 2011 fireworks in Toronto

Canada Day 2011
A client, quite seriously, asked me if I was afraid of what might happen in the Provincial election this fall. I replied that I was confident the Liberals would do well and went on about how the campaign hasn't really begun.

My client responded by saying "perhaps, but if the Liberals lose will you leave the country?"

At first I thought my client was crazy but then I realized that where he came from being a member of an opposition group was physically dangerous.
And then I realized in much of, perhaps most of, the world, being in opposition is not safe.

Canada is different.

While I want a Provincial Liberal government I am totally confident that I am safe in remaining an open Liberal under a PC or NDP government. I have no fear that on visiting Ottawa a federal agent will throw me in a dungeon because I am a Liberal. Indeed, I know that my Conservative MP would politely meet me and discuss any concerns I have -- as would any NDP or Bloc MP -- regardless of my party affiliation.

Canada is blessed to be a peaceful Kingdom with freedom and ordered liberty. We have much to be grateful for.

Canada Day 2011 fireworks in Toronto will be happening on a grand scale in a few locations, not to mention the various shows taking place in backyards and neighbourhood parks across the city. A notable absence this year, however, will be the annual show at Downsview Park, which has been cancelled on account of the Tragically Hip-headlined concert taking place there throughout the day on Friday.

Here's a quick rundown of the other fireworks displays in Toronto on Canada Day, all of which take place on Friday, July 1st (just to confirm).

No comments:

Post a Comment